University Appeal Board
Types of matters that may be referred to the University Appeal Board:
- VCU Alcohol & Drug Policy violations
- Student Sexual Misconduct policy violations
- Student Off-Campus Conduct violations
- Honor System violations
- Rules & Procedures violations (for faculty, staff or students)
If you are interested please complete the University Appeal Board nomination form.
The University Appeal Board will be constituted annually at the beginning of the academic year and will consist of the following members:
- Students – Monroe Park Campus representatives
- Students – MCV Campus representatives
- Faculty – Monroe Park Campus representatives
- Faculty – MCV Campus representatives
- Administration – Monroe Park Campus representatives
- Administration – MCV Campus representatives
- Classified employees – Monroe Park Campus representatives
- Classified employees – MCV Campus representatives
Annually, the chairs of the University Appeal Board shall, at the beginning of the academic year and before hearings are conducted, schedule an orientation and training session for all members and alternates appointed to the UAB. Such training shall include a review of the procedures to be followed by the UHB in conducting hearings, together with such issues as confidentiality and other duties of board members. You will not be able to serve on a hearing until you have completed this training.
Hearings may be scheduled anytime Monday through Friday, between 8 AM and 7 PM. University Appeal Board members serve according to their availability. We ask that the member hold two hours for a scheduled hearing – one hour for testimony, one hour for deliberations.
It may be helpful for you to read and be familiar with the Rules & Procedures, including the Appeal procedures.