Career and Internship Fairs
Attending a career and internship fair is an excellent way to explore the career opportunities offered by a variety of employers. You can make contacts through recruiters who attend the fair and find out about internships or full-time positions with these organizations. Some employers conduct interviews on the day of the career and internship fair when they spot a candidate with strong potential. This means that making a great first impression is a must.
The University Career Center hosts two university-wide career fairs each academic year.
- The Fall semester career fair takes place in October.
- The Spring semester career fair takes place in February. This year the spring career fair is scheduled for Wednesday, February 6, 2013 from 11am - 3pm.
- Research employers attending the fair and the opportunities available.
- Prepare to introduce yourself with a one-minute or less introduction about your education, experience and skills.
- Dress professionally and bring enough copies of your resume.
- Haley Sims, Assistant Director, at (804) 828-1645
- Katherine Hartwell, Recruitment Coordinator, at (804) 828-1645
For general information about VCU's Career Center, call (804) 828-1645
For detailed information, please utilize RamsRecruiting.